Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My new favorite hobby

I'm learning how to do embroidery. My first project to finish was this little cd case for Scott's huge cd exchange. He assigned everyone who wanted to participate a number, and then used a random number generator to assign us a person who we were supposed to send a mix cd. Of great coincidence, of all those people (I think there were a hundred of us, most of them strangers), I was assigned to send to Rylan, one of my best friends for years and the one person who likes boring, sad music as much as I do. I was happy to make him a cd and this little case to mail it in. Embroidered on the front of the olive green case is a yellow leaf with chain-stitched stem. On the back, a little snail:

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what you were talking about. I love that snail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed it. I love it now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. impressive, love the green too! I should really get a book out of the library and learn how to embroider properly. I can see now that it makes a difference.

    also thanks for stopping by and saying hello on our anemone blog. now we know each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the coolest person I know. If I had a homemade CD case I would keep it forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete