Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Yummy recipe


My friend Len gave me a copy of this month's Real Simple, which has tons of ideas for Christmas presents, wrapping, and recipes. Last night I made one of those recipes, a caramelized onion tart, and I think it was one of my favorite things I've ever cooked. Top ten at least.


And it was so easy!

Ingredients:
1-2 T butter
a medium onion (I used a white one)
medium red apple, chopped in small pieces (I used Gala)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
one sheet puff pastry, thawed
1/4 C sour cream

-Preheat oven to 400
-Caramelize the onion in butter on medium heat for 10-12 minutes
-Add the apple, salt, and pepper and cook another 3-5 minutes so the apples get soft
-Prick the puff pastry all over with a fork
-Spread pastry with sour cream, leaving 1/2 inch border on all sides
-Spread onion/apple mixture over the sour cream
-Bake until pastry is puffy and golden- 15-20 mins

2 comments:

  1. It does look like it was, as you said, my funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I bet you thought I was exaggerating.

    ReplyDelete