Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dinner surprise

I took a nap when I got home from work today, and when I woke up, Luke was grinding mint in the mortar for a dinner he'd chosen: mint pesto with pecorino and edamame, and turkey meatballs with pancetta.

I made the meatballs while he finished up with the pesto, and then Drew came over for dinner before we headed out for a movie (Up in the Air) at Brewvies.

For a while, I've been asking Luke to choose some meals he'd like for us to make. This is why. This is not a recipe I would've chosen to make, but it was so so good, and we'll definitely make it again.

One nice thing about this huzzzzband of mine is that he likes surprising me like this. A fancy dinner half-made when I wake up from a nap. Omelette and rye toast ready when I got out of the shower the other morning. House spotless when I come home from work. Being married is awesome (and the tax benefits!).

1 comment: