Luke and I moved a couple miles north, to an apartment where my friend Barbara used to live. It's big and bright, and surrounded by rose bushes. I'm excited to have an apartment where I can do some home remedy projects to make it look more like ours. I'll be posting before and after photos as I get stuff done around here. Right now the only room that is pretty much done is the kitchen, and with it's shockingly-yellow walls, it's my favorite room in the house:
It reminds me of a kitchen an old Mexican lady would have.
Look at that! Built-in cutting board counter, a feature I love.
Plus, there are nice shelves where for all my tea stuff.
And Luke doesn't mind when I announce things like "In our new house, we arrange dishes by color!"
Aside from the kitchen, I hope this place starts looking different this summer. (So that you know what to totally look forward to and so that I have a list that isn't on a scrap of paper that will sit in the bottom of my purse for a while until I lose it) In the next couple months I plan to:
- Find some cheap lamps, make them look like they weren't cheap.
- Paint the bedroom (did you know paint costs, like, thirty dollars a gallon?! I had no idea! Yikes!)
- Paint the entryway
- Make an end table for the livingroom
- Make a bench for the entryway (install some hooks?)
- Sand and refinish the patio
- Make rose petal jelly (as if we need any more jams or jellies. But I can't help myself).
- Make a headboard for our bed.
- Make a bedside table for Luke