Monday, September 7, 2009

Sunflowers

I guess I'm really bad about posting every day. We don't have the internet at our house (we got rid of it during the summer because I wasn't in classes and it seemed like a good way to save a little money), and going to school or the coffee shop hasn't sounded fun.

I've been really obsessed about sunflowers lately, because we have monster ones growing outside our front door. I like leaving the house every day, because it's so nice to be surrounded by fifteen feet of flowers. I like the traditional bright yellow ones a lot, but mostly I love the chianti variety. When they first bloom they're brown, and then in a couple days fade to a pretty red.


This week I made a sunflower brooch, and idea I got from tiny happy, one of my favorite blogs (a tutorial here). I like the way it turned out. Here's a close-up of my boob:

1 comment:

  1. Nice boob! That is really really cute, and I've NEVER seen red sunflowers before, those are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete